Snickelfritz

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

overactive imagination

After becoming a mom it seems that my already overactive imagination has just become worse!... every sad story i hear, i begin to think... omygosh what if that happens to us, or my baby or my family.  it is ridiculous!.. i feel like crying all the time.. and after reading The Secret, i am scared into thinking happy..  because the theory is.... like attracts like.. sooo if i am thinking about something tragic and applying it to my life.. it will just happen to me or us too?????!!!!!!!  soo all the sad or disturbing news headlines out there i just try to avoid. i only listen to npr i avoid local news .  even though arkansas news is pleasantly calm as compared to kansas cities  shootings, 2 stabbings, 1 car-jacking and a partridge in a pear tree, on a nightly basis. by switching the channel,  i can remain blissfully ignorant, and live in a world coloured by my rose glasses.

here is what i read tonight that made me utterly sad.  i wish we could move our babies back to the front seat, or have some sort of alarm mechanism help remind the busy parents of today.  us included.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/27/AR2009022701549_5.html?sid=ST2009030602446

No comments:

Post a Comment